[vdr] Encrypted channel without cam and channel switching

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Fri Apr 14 17:53:04 CEST 2006

En/na Klaus Schmidinger ha escrit:

> I'd say the annoying thing here is that the provider is setting
> a CA value that doesn't correspond to the actual situation!

Yes, that's the annoying bit. Unfortunately I don't have the sources the
provider is using to send the data, but I can happily hack vdr sources
to work around the problem ;-)

[...]

> Maybe it would be a good idea to contact the provider and ask them
> why they are marking an FTA broadcast as "encrypted"?

Maybe it's just an error, maybe they don't want you to know that you can
actually watch the channel without a subscription (yes, I know it's
stupid, but so is stupid the way they treat epg info).
There are also cases of promotional unencrypted channels and/or
unencrypted because of error/new transponder (IIRC the sci-fi channel
and a couple of others from sky uk did this last year for a couple weeks).
I'm also wondering, in case they switch from encrypted to fta, how is
vdr going to know that if it forbids tuning to the transponder and know
that the channel is no more encrypted?

Bye