[vdr] Help! No lock on primary device when timer starts

Udo Richter udo_richter at gmx.de
Fri Apr 28 00:15:04 CEST 2006

Andreas Mair wrote:
> Yesterday I made some more tests. I was watching ZDF. Then started a
> recording on Das Erste (Card 2). LiveTV was fine. So I started another
> recording on BR (Card 2 again) and everything was still fine. Then I
> recorded ZDF (Card 1): still everything fine. Then I watched some
> recordings. Still no problems.
> So I'd say my cards are OK, aren't they?

Not necessarily. All these channels are high band horizontal. My system
for example still has the 'bug' that if both cards tune vertical, one of
them looses signal. Or that if the first isn't tuned at all, the second
never catches a signal, but is able to hold a signal. Both effects are
power related. (horizontal=18v, vertical=14v)

> After stopping all recordings and waiting some time LiveTV is broken.

probable cause is EPG scan. EPG scan sometimes ruins live TV for me, but
only on some channels.

Cheers,

Udo