[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] vdr-softdevice-0.2.3
stefan at lucke.in-berlin.de
Sun Apr 30 16:49:46 CEST 2006
softdevice team (Torgeir Veimo, Martin Wache and me, Stefan Lucke)
is pleased to announce a new release of vdr softdevice plugin.
Softdevice plugin enables vdr to run on your desktop with
so called budget cards. You'll get vdr output via framebuffer or X11-Xv or
DirectFB or vidix to your screen. Decoding is done via ffmpeg.
Supported vdr versions: 1.2.x, 1.3.x and 1.4.0
Plugin's homepage is located at: http://softdevice.berlios.de/
Changelog since last release:
- enable build of ShmClient and video-shm when possible.
- disable interlaced vs. not-interlaced (progressive) reporting
via syslog. it's changing in seconds intervall for some stations.
- dfb: fix screen not blanked with audio only stream.
- change volume handling to no longer change the alsa-mixer settings
- fix black screen for some aspect ratios using ShmClient
- fix ShmClient blank screen every 4s
- xv + dfb: removed some unused code.
- vidix + fb: adjusted to use videoInitialized.
- call Initialize() after all video constructors.
- dfb: OSD responsivness in paused mode.
- added volume changing without changing the alsa-mixer control (to use it
add -DNO_MIXER, currently experimental)
- fix for vdr-1.3.48
- remove duplicate remote code, call ProcessEvents() from the video thread
and remove the RC thread
- no longer link ShmClient to vdr objects
- fix some includes
- probably fix for processors not supporting mmx2
- updated finnish translations (by Rolf Ahrenberg).
- video-dfb: fix for crash at startup when software OSD blending was active.
- video-xv: changed local flag initialized to videoInitialized of our super class.
- cut away the left- and rightmost column of the osd
- Expand top/bottom line and left/right coloumns (from vdr-portal).
- Zoom feature, zoomed area may be shifted around.
- yv12 -> yuy2 converter for field based chroma.
- remember interlaced mode of current frame.
- some preparations for some more XvImage formats (not yet selectable).
- Restricted OSD alpha blend option to XV and VIDIX out.
- started some documentation of our various OSD options.
- applied patch for mono upmix from Lucian Muresan
- applied Makefile patch from Antti Seppälä
- apply slightly modified patch by Thomas Günter which fixes improper
includes of vdr header files
- fix compilation without Xinerama support
- Xinerama support (detection and build requires to run configure).
- reactivate use of source x/y offsets for Xv*PutImage(..) operations.
- remove the image copy overhead from the ShmClient
- catch errors on osd and xv image creation
- support for non-shared memory xv
- Fix StillPicture handling when no PES header is sent
(for example streamdev-server-plugin)
- redraw video layer on OSD close in software mode
- use OsdWidth and OsdHeight for drawing osd layer
- MMX version of AYUV_to_AYUV420P()
- shortcut for AYUV no scale OSD modes
- tune some parameters to avoid unecessary rescaling/redrawing of the OSD
- some german translations
- fix compilation of shm-client
- fix compilation of video-shm
- fix OSD drawn at wrong location in software OSD blending mode when
cropping is active
- fix bug #6409 (OSD not refreshed fast enough in software OSD blending mode
when video is paused)
- fix crash / deadlocks at startup in 16:9 mode in software OSD blending mode
More information about the vdr