[vdr] Xine Compile error when trying to use XvMC?

Chad Flynt hoochster at sofnet.com
Thu Feb 2 19:26:13 CET 2006

Hello again! :)

Trying to compile Xine with XvMC, I am using Debian and have setup I
believe the wrapper fine, which was packages in Debian, I am on AMD64,
but once I do the compile I get the following error:

/usr/bin/ld: /usr/X11R6/lib/libXvMCW.a(XvMCWrapper.o): relocation
R_X86_64_32 against `a local symbol' can not be used when making a
shared object; recompile with -fPIC
/usr/X11R6/lib/libXvMCW.a: could not read symbols: Bad value

Not completely sure on how to compile with the -fPIC, I think it is just
CXXFLAGS=-fPIC before the make, but looking at the Makefile it appears
as though info like that is already in there, and I get the same error
regardless.  Any idears?  I am using Xine CVS from bout the 26th of January.

Thanks as always.