[vdr] DVD and DVDselect Plugin Setup

Hans-Werner Hilse hilse at web.de
Fri Feb 3 12:47:09 CET 2006

Hi,

On Fri, 03 Feb 2006 15:07:55 +1300
Richard Scobie <r.scobie at clear.net.nz> wrote:

> Can the DVD plugin be used on vdr systems using a full featured Nexus
> card on a low powered (Pentium 200) system?

Yes, I don't have any problems doing exactly this. It's a 200 mmx, in
my case.

> I ask as I have spent spent a few hours setting these plugins up to the
> point where when I "OK" on an entry in the DVDSelect image list, vdr
> segfaults, with the following information from the console:

I don't use it for DVD images. In fact, I don't use the DVD player
plugin anymore, because this can easily be covered with the mplayer
plugin, which I am using now.

> The first message about IMDCT is coming from liba52 and prior to my
> recompiling liba52 with djbfft support, I was getting:
>
> No accelerated IMDCT transform found. (and a segfault)

What does "prior to" mean here. Is the problem gone?

> Any help much appreciated, as I am out of ideas and Google clues.

Try the mplayer plugin. Works for me. You may want to fiddle with some
scripts in order to get a DVD-Select like view of stored DVDs.

-hwh