[vdr] Grab image failed

Luis Palacios luis at derqui.net
Sat Feb 4 15:27:59 CET 2006

Peter,

Actually it's your java app the one that made me realize I'm having a
problem
with SVDRP grab command :-)

El 04/02/2006, a las 13:21, Peter Juszack escribió:

> Since VDR-version 1.3.? grabbing images to disc is disabled by
> default for security reasons. It is just possible to get then
> base64 encoded over the SVDRP conncetion with 'GRAB -'.
> You must set a VDR commandline parameter to a directory to enable
> grab to disc. Grabbed images are stored under that directory.

I activated that option just in case that was causing the error...
DISPLAY=:0.1 ./vdr -g /tmp -v /home/vdr/video -w 60 -Pstreamdev-
server -P loadepg -P "softdevice -vo xv:full" -P sysinfo

I've found at device.c that the following function returns NULL,
looks like this is the one being used. Probably I'm wrong as I've not
gone deep into the sources to find out which on is really called...

@line 237
uchar *cDevice::GrabImage(int &Size, bool Jpeg, int Quality, int
SizeX, int SizeY)
{
   return NULL;
}