[vdr] Grab image failed

Peter Juszack vdr at unterbrecher.de
Sat Feb 4 16:13:29 CET 2006

Luis Palacios wrote:

> Peter,
>
> Actually it's your java app the one that made me realize I'm having a
> problem
> with SVDRP grab command :-)
>

> El 04/02/2006, a las 13:21, Peter Juszack escribió:
>
>> Since VDR-version 1.3.? grabbing images to disc is disabled by
>> default for security reasons. It is just possible to get then  base64
>> encoded over the SVDRP conncetion with 'GRAB -'.
>> You must set a VDR commandline parameter to a directory to enable
>> grab to disc. Grabbed images are stored under that directory.
>>

> I activated that option just in case that was causing the error...
> DISPLAY=:0.1 ./vdr -g /tmp -v /home/vdr/video -w 60 -Pstreamdev-
> server -P loadepg -P "softdevice -vo xv:full" -P sysinfo
>

> I've found at device.c that the following function returns NULL,
> looks like this is the one being used. Probably I'm wrong as I've not
> gone deep into the sources to find out which on is really called...
>
> @line 237
> uchar *cDevice::GrabImage(int &Size, bool Jpeg, int Quality, int
> SizeX, int SizeY)
> {
>   return NULL;
> }

That looks like softdevice does not implement VDRs GRAB function yet. So
JVdr probably will not be able to show screenshots
without a full featured card.

The parameter for GRAB directory is not needed for JVdr because the
image data is transmitted over SVDRP which also works
without the -g option.

Regards Peter