[vdr] Grab image failed

Jan Ekholm chakie at smultron.net
Sun Feb 5 11:17:13 CET 2006

On Saturday 04 February 2006 14:21, Peter Juszack wrote:

> Since VDR-version 1.3.? grabbing images to disc is disabled by default
> for security reasons. It is just possible to get then base64 encoded
> over the SVDRP conncetion with 'GRAB -'.
> You must set a VDR commandline parameter to a directory to enable grab
> to disc. Grabbed images are stored under that directory.

Really? I've never really seen reliable grabbing, I usually just get gray or
(nowadays) black images. I run 1.3.37 and when I do a "grab /tmp/foo.jpeg"
over SVDRP I end up with a fine completely black image. I have not enabled
any parameters that would allow saving to disk, so I guess these security
restrictions come with some patch you have used?

Using "-" as the filename doesn't seem to do anything, at least I don't see
any base64 data over my telnet connection, VDR just happily says:

250 Grabbed image -

The base64 stuff sounds really interesting though. At one time I had a patch
that did just this, but it was almost two years ago and it doesn't work
anymore. It would be really handy to have the base64 stuff built into VDR.

--
Somewhere around the place I've got an unfinished short story about
Schroedinger's Dog; it was mostly moaning about all the attention the cat