[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] VDRAdmin-AM-3.4.3rc2

Matthias Fechner idefix at fechner.net
Tue Feb 7 10:58:03 CET 2006

Hello Andreas,

* Andreas Mair <Andreas.Mair at linogate.com> [07-02-06 10:39]:
> so you run VDRAdmin-AM from the folder where you extracted it? It will
> always use that folder for locating its files.

yes, that true.

> But you can use install.sh to install it to your system. Then it will
> use /etc/vdradmin (or whatever you tell it) for its configuration.
> Alternatively you can write your own simple script that copies the
> configuration files to the new folder.

thanks for this information, but I save all my files related to video
under /usr/local/video, so it is easy to backup and maintain.

Maybe you can change the default that vdradmin will read the
configuration from /etc/vdradmin; for the people who install the
software with your installscript nothing would change or?

See it as a special feature request :)

Thanks a lot,
Matthias