[vdr] Streamdev: no sound in VLC or mplayer

Paavo Hartikainen pahartik at sci.fi
Wed Feb 8 04:08:38 CET 2006

Pasi Juppo <pasi.juppo at iki.fi> writes:

> VDR is in separate PC so I accessed it via http (port 3000 and using
> ES as written in README of the streamdev). Picture is ok but no
> sound.  However, I'm only able to use ES with mplayer - not with
> VLC. If I don't add ES to the URL then picture is fine with VLC but
> no audio (and there should not be any audio).

ES means client gets stream without container. Contents of one TS PID
only.

With "mplayer" or "gxine", try "PES" instead of "ES". With "VLC", try
not to use "streamdev-server".

--
 "pienena   /  Paavo "Rainbow Rat" Hartikainen
  minusta  /  E-mail: pahartik at sci.fi
  tulee   /  URL: http://www.sci.fi/~pahartik/
  rotta" /  EFnet: pahartik at #Atari and #LionKing