[vdr] Softdevice and remote display question

CR oauk32v02 at sneakemail.com
Wed Feb 8 13:06:15 CET 2006

Hi all,

Originally I wanted to put my DVB-S card in the head unit, but it seems
that may not be possible.  DVB-S card will be in a server, and a
client/head will be used to display output.

Will streamdev allow me to have *full control* of the VDR (EPG/OSD,
pause/play, etc) from the head unit?  If not, what should I look into so I
can view and control VDR from head unit and allow back-end processing to
occur on server?

I have tried to do Google searching etc before asking, but I didn't find
much clarification.

Thanks,
R.