[vdr] Streamdev: no sound in VLC or mplayer

Niko Mikkila nm at phnet.fi
Wed Feb 8 14:55:48 CET 2006

On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 01:18:20 +0200
Pasi Juppo <pasi.juppo at iki.fi> wrote:

> Hi,
> Anyone know how what is the reason for not getting sound via stremdev to
> VLC (livna RPM package) or mplayer?
> VDR is in separate PC so I accessed it via http (port 3000 and using ES
> as written in README of the streamdev). Picture is ok but no sound.
> However, I'm only able to use ES with mplayer - not with VLC. If I don't
> add ES to the URL then picture is fine with VLC but no audio (and there
> should not be any audio).
> VDR is 1.3.35
> streamdev is from cvs (2005-11-24 checked out)
> Br, Pasi

VDR MPEG-PES support has just been added to VLC and it should work with
streamdev too (at least for PES streams). You'll just need to get a nighty
build or compile from SVN yourself. More information:

Streamdev can also use external MPEG-TS muxing that is more VLC-compatible:

Other possibilities:

Niko Mikkilä