[vdr] Key-repeat or release magic in RCU drivers

Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at hut.fi
Thu Feb 9 08:30:50 CET 2006

On Tue, Feb 07, 2006 at 11:00:23PM +0000, Darren Salt wrote:
> > I tested patch 3326 of the hg/v4l-dvb tree with your patches
> > dvb-ir-20060206.patch.tar.gz applied.  I changed the key-release timeout in
> > cx88-input.c from 120 to 240 ms.  Few keys were recognized.  Among the
> > working keys were the number keys, although they were shifted by 1 (e.g.,
> > '6' would be reported as '7').
>
> Oops. The last patch in that series is broken - part of it got lost. It's
> attached.

Thanks.  All keys seem to be mapped correctly now.  The only difference
I was able to spot was that previously, the number keys were mapped to
KP0..KP9 instead of 0..9.

> > I was unable to use this driver, because one of the cx88 modules failed to
> > load and the computer crashed after some time.
>
> All that I can say is that budget-ci is fine...

cx88 sure isn't.  The tuner module could not be loaded, and vdr drops frames
when playing recordings via softdevice.  I'll try fixing the cx88-input.c
auto-repeat later based on hg/v4l-dvb and your patches.

	Marko