[vdr] Problem with fbxine and xine-plugin

Niko Mikkila nm at phnet.fi
Fri Feb 10 14:03:53 CET 2006

On 10 Feb 2006 12:04:45 +0100
Stephan Loescher <loescher at gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi!
> I use xine-plugin 0.7.6. It works fine when I use xine (X11) but my
> Celeron-500 is too slow. So I tried it with fbxine.
> But it seems that fbxine does not recognize the VDR-keys as xine does.

I doubt fbxine would be any faster than xine on X.org or XFree86.
Which graphics card do you have and do you have Xv enabled. 500 MHz Celeron
is perhaps a bit too slow for software decoding if you don't have XvMC
acceleration (in NVidia GeForce 4 MX and later) or some Matrox card
(G200 and later) with Vidix output used in Xine.

Niko Mikkilä