[vdr] Problem with fbxine and xine-plugin

Stephan Loescher loescher at gmx.de
Fri Feb 10 16:28:14 CET 2006

Niko Mikkila <nm at phnet.fi> writes:

Hi!

> > I use xine-plugin 0.7.6. It works fine when I use xine (X11) but my
> > Celeron-500 is too slow. So I tried it with fbxine.
> > But it seems that fbxine does not recognize the VDR-keys as xine does.
>
> I doubt fbxine would be any faster than xine on X.org or XFree86.
> Which graphics card do you have and do you have Xv enabled. 500 MHz Celeron
> is perhaps a bit too slow for software decoding if you don't have XvMC
> acceleration (in NVidia GeForce 4 MX and later) or some Matrox card
> (G200 and later) with Vidix output used in Xine.

The graphics card is an onboard ATI 3D Rage LT Pro AGP-133.
Do I have to explicitly enable Xv?
In the xorg-logfile there only these two line about Xv:
(II) Loading extension XVideo
(II) Loading extension XVideo-MotionCompensation

xdpyinfo lists XVideo as an extension.

Do I have to start xine with a special option to use Xv?

Stephan.

loescher at gmx.de
http://www.loescher-online.de/
Try LEO: http://www.leo.org/