[vdr] JVdr-0.0.2 problems and GRAB

Joachim Banzhaf (compuserve) joachimbanzhaf at compuserve.de
Wed Feb 8 19:34:48 CET 2006

Hi Peter,

Am Sonntag, 5. Februar 2006 12:53 schrieb Peter Juszack:
> Hallo,

> Concerning GRAB: I beleive GRAB only works with a full-featured card. Is
> that right? Maybe someone
> can give an exact explanation how GRAB gets the image and under which
> circumstances it will not work.

lt's been a while, but last time I used this feature (with vdradmin) I did
this:

used a budget card (terratec cinergy 1200)
used vdr 1.3.3x with x < 5
used xine plugin
actually ran xine
installed some additional tools (mjpegtools, and some video format converting
tool)

since running xine all the time meant burning a lot of cpu power, I stopped
using GRAB :-(

> Regards Peter

HTH

Joachim Banzhaf