[vdr] vdr+vlc streaming without streamdev

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Mon Feb 13 16:42:51 CET 2006

En/na Luis Palacios ha escrit:

> Main reason I want this is to have OSD on the stream vs streamdev.

If you use streamdev-client you have an OSD, but it's been a while since
I last used streamdev because...

> If you know of another alternative to get streaming+OSD then
> I'm also interested.

...the xine plugin with the network patches works very well[*]: I have a
dxr3 in my vdr box to connect it to the tv set, but when I want to watch
tv on my laptop I just use xine and the dxr3 stops working
automatically. When xine client disconnects the dxr3 starts working again.

[*]although there are still problems with fast forward/rewind/jump 1
minute back/forward.

Bye