[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] vdr-xine-0.7.7 plugin
rnissl at gmx.de
Tue Feb 14 21:39:49 CET 2006
I'm pleased to announce Valentine's release 0.7.7:
2006-02-14: Version 0.7.7
- Updated MANUAL (thanks to Ville Skyttä for supplying the patch).
- Added Dutch translation (thanks to Maarten Wisse for supplying the
- Fixed auto primary device functionality concerning ActualDevice
(thanks to Luca Olivetti for reporting this issue).
- Shutting down cOsdProvider when vdr-xine is nolonger primary device
to fix an issue where the new primary device doesn't register it's
own cOsdProvider instance.
- Fixed cXineDevice::SetDigitalAudioDevice() for radio channels with
multiple audio tracks (e. g. RADIO INT2). These tracks are not
related to each other and therefore syncing these tracks by PTS is
impossible and causes huge delays otherwise.
- Adopted cXineDevice::GrabImage() to VDR-1.3.38 (based on a patch of
- Fixed some issues with FIFO_DIR containing spaces (thanks to Darren
Salt for supplying the patch).
- Fixed some warnings about strict-aliasing issues when compiling with
gcc-4.1 (thanks to Ville Skyttä for reporting this issue).
- Added two new command line arguments (-X / -Y) to change the default
image size for GrabImage(). Internally, they are predefined as
-X 720 and -Y 576.
- Dropped the Audio-Mode setup option for VDR >= 1.3.18 as VDR's audio
menu and PlayPes() took over sending just a single audio stream to
the output device.
- Fixed implementation of cXineDevice::Clear(), which speeds up jumping
back and forth in recordings. A stresstest showed that from time to
time a deadlock happened in libasound (ALSA) when xine is opening the
audio device. You may experience a problem too if you stay on the
GREEN button at the beginning of a recording. On my system it caused
segfaults, asserts and deadlocks while xine is opening the ALSA
audio device. I'd be glad if someone could fix this issue.
Anyway, I hope that this change partitially fixes the delay on some
systems which happened when switching to trickspeed modes while
replaying a recording.
- Added support for VDR's new info key.
- Tried to get xine's ffmpeg decoder to work with vdr-xine, but failed.
- Had xine CVS take over a couple of my xine patches.
- Tuned xine-lib's startcode scanner in libmpeg2.
- Adapted vdr-xine to VDR-1.4.41 changed detection of transfer mode.
- Adapted vdr-xine to VDR-1.4.42 changed cDevice::PlayAudio().
- Replaced noSignal*.pes with noSignal*.mpg. vdr-xine will complain
about a missing noSignal.mpg. Just copy the new files from the source
directory to the mentioned location as mentioned in INSTALL.
- Changed buffering completely. When VDR switches to a channel, xine
starts replaying at 12.5 % of normal speed. Then vdr-xine monitors
the stream's PTS values and compares them to the value which xine
reports. The difference between VDR's and xine's value makes up the
currently gained buffer. When the buffer reaches the configured size
then xine switches to 100 % speed.
ATTENTION: this change requires you to reduce the configured
prebuffer in vdr-xine's setup page to about 8 frames!
- Updated MANUAL and INSTALL accordingly.
For this release I suggest the following xine sources:
Highly recommended is the following patch:
For details about the patch see:
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl
mailto:rnissl at gmx.de
More information about the vdr