[vdr] Control chars in file names

Klaus Schmidinger Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de
Tue Feb 14 22:29:06 CET 2006

Bernd Juraschek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> for some videos I got directory names containing control chars (I've found
> ^A and ^B). Sometimes this chars are confusing bash's TAB filename expansion.
>
> What this chars are standing for?

VDR/recording.c:

tCharExchange CharExchange[] = {
   { '~',  '/'    },
   { ' ',  '_'    },
   { '\'', '\x01' },
   { '/',  '\x02' },
   { 0, 0 }
   };

> Should VDR simply remove nonprintable chars
> in the EPG info used for directory name generation?

VDR needs to map the ' (single quote) and / (forward slash)
to something else. I selected character codes 0x01 and 0x02,
which don't seem to cause any trouble in VDR's operation.
To be honest, bash's TAB filename expansion was none of my
concern.

Klaus