[vdr] Converting a radio recording to MP3

Jon Burgess jburgess at uklinux.net
Wed Feb 15 22:07:56 CET 2006

mc8647tv at mclink.it wrote:

> Thank you, I'm experimenting with the conversion. I'd like to boost the recorded volume a bit, since it's really low and listening to the file with an MP3 player is almost impossible.
>
> Any idea ?

For a simple scaling, see "lame --scale". This will make things louder
but may cause clipping.

To get something better you may need to use an automatic gain control
(e.g. see "agc" on http://aaron.boim.com/unix/audioRecording.html)
  or some dynamic range compression (e.g. "sox --compand ..."
http://sox.sourceforge.net/ ). You'll need to experiment to see what
works best for you. If you want a GUI tool, try audacity
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

	Jon