[vdr] Mplayercluster-plugin crashes with long NFS paths

Teppo Jalava tjjalava at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 15:58:26 CET 2006

Hi

It seems that there is some memory problems with mplayercluster plugin
when using NFS-path mapping and the server side path gets big enough.
I did some testing and noticed that the critical length of the file
path is somewhere near 58 characters. Exeeding that the VDR crashes
every time. The standard output from VDR looks like this when trying
to play a file that's remote path is "/mnt/media/movies/The Office/The
Office - S - Downsize.avi":

cretincreting 137789880
sende initpaket
ende initpaket
deleting 137789880
nach delete
*** glibc detected *** malloc(): memory corruption: 0x083682a0 ***

If I shorten the filename the file plays OK and VDR stays running.

I'm using VDR-1.3.42 and I have patched the plugin with
"mplayercluster-0.0.1a-Urig8.diff"

I'll try to debug the plugin and see if I can find out more
information about this.

--
t.