[vdr] PES packet shortened to 1656 bytes (expected: 1840 bytes)

Reinhard Nissl rnissl at gmx.de
Sun Feb 19 22:53:38 CET 2006

Hi,

Patrick Fischer wrote:

>>> At the moment i get such a line in my syslog and i dont know why.
>>> I am looking RTL 2 at the moment - "Autopsie - Mysteriöse Todesfälle".
>>> Maybe somebody has the same issue.
>>
>> Please have a look at the following link, where I suggest to add some
>> additional debug messages to locate the problem:
>>
>> http://85.25.132.30/board/thread.php?postid=419725#post419725
>
> We have the same problem with the VDR 1.3.38
> We use the Kernel DVB Driver from Kernel 2.6.13 and 2.6.15.2
> We receiver DVB-T from Munich.
> We use the same DVB-T Usb Receiver from Terratec Cinergy T2
> Systems are SuSE10 and Debian Sarge.
>
> On my Laptop I use Debian Sarge Kernel 2.6.15.1 and the last DVB cvs
> driver.
> I don't have the problem on my Laptop.
>
> Maybe this can help to locate the problem.

Today I tried using most recent dvb-kernel (hg clone ...v4l-dvb) and I
get a lot of such messages on channels, where I didn't get them at all
before (= most recent cvs ...dvb-kernel).

SUSE 10, Kernel 2.6.13-15.8-smp, NOVA-S (03:05.0 Multimedia controller:
Philips Semiconductors SAA7146 (rev 01)).

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl
mailto:rnissl at gmx.de