[vdr] Audio channel problem

Antti Hartikainen ami+vdr at ah.fi
Tue Feb 21 15:47:11 CET 2006

On Tue, 21 Feb 2006, Ville Aakko wrote:

>>> Confirmed. Only audio track number is displayed.
>>>
>>> But now audio track names work when replaying! ;-)
>>>
>>> But when replaying recording, preferred audio track is not selected, but the
>>> first track found (as it was previously, when audio track names doesn't
>>> work.)
>>
>> I tested a patch from
>> http://users.tkk.fi/~rahrenbe/vdr/vdr-1.3.43-audiotracks.diff.gz
>> Seems that with this patch finnish DVB-T channels show correct audio
>> language, instead of number. But with DVB-S channels (Canal Digital)
>> only numbers are displayed.
>
> I also tried the patch, as I thought of doing in my own thread "Wrong
> language selected from transmission (YLE2 Olympics)".
>
> On DVB-C, without the patch (on 1.3.42), I got the selections "1" and
> "2", out of which "1" was selected as default (containing the Swedish
> commentary, on YLE2, despite my preference of Finnish in VDR
> settings).
>
> After upgrading to 1.3.43 and trying the patch above, I get two
> selections both labelled "fin" (I think I once got "fin" and "2" after
> applying the patch). The first "fin" gets selected per default, but
> contains in fact the Swedish commentary. I still need to manually
> change to the Finnish commentary (that being the second "fin").

Hmm, (with this patch) I get "fin" and "2", if i record this a bit
and watch it, there is "fin" and "sve" in the recording as there
should be. (and "fin" is finnish and "2" or "sve" is swedish.

Try swaping fin and swe audio pids in channels.conf (so that finnish
is listed first). Should be temporary solution. :)