[vdr] [RFC] Eliminating the 'summary' field of timers

Carsten Koch Carsten.Koch at icem.com
Wed Feb 22 22:40:06 CET 2006

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> You could just as well insert the summary into a fake EPG event for
> that channel (even with separate "title", "short text" and
> "description") and VDR would pick it up when the recording starts.
>
> Note that I'd really like to get rid of the 'summary' mechanism,
> so unless you can convince me that the "EPG insertion" method
> doesn't work for you, I still plan to make this setp forward ;-)

I do not know how to insert  the summary into a fake EPG event.
Note that there are two ways to run epg2timers: Some people
(myself included) run it between executions of VDR (so epg2timers
modifies the timers.conf file directly while VDR is not running),
others run it in parallel (maybe even on a different machine) and
use SVDRP to send the new timer entries to a running VDR.

Carsten.