AW: AW: [vdr] [RFC] Eliminating the 'summary' field of timers

... vdr.hgm.bg at gmx.net
Thu Feb 23 00:27:39 CET 2006

vdr-bounces at linuxtv.org wrote:

>> Me too, i program all my timers via skript from a website and i use
>> the summaries to create the menues (and text) for the DVD-Menues. I
>> also add episodenumbers to keep everything in order. So this change
>> might have a big impact because i let the timers be programmed and
>> change via vdradmin the summaries and titles, so i8'm finished after
>> cutting. I don't want to change this. So if this change is what i
>> think, than my automatic programming of timers will not work
>> correctly and my vdrconvert scripts will create ugly dvds... :(

> Well, nobody keeps you from storing anything you like in the 'aux'
> field of a timer. You'll find that string again in the resulting
> info.vdr file - it will just have a different tag character.
> The only change for you will be that VDR doesn't treat this data as a
> "description" any more. Regarding your DVD processing script I would
> assume that the only change you'd have to make is replacing a 'D'
> with an '@' somewhere.

Okay, that with the tag is no problem, but editing the summary before the
recording e.g. with vdradmin and then don't find this "description" in vdr
after the recording , seems strange to me (i see the advantage to have the
epg-description of the recording, but what happens if you record two movies
in one recording or overlap a quarter hour to be sure to have the end
recorded - than you only have the last EPG-description?), why not use one of
the remaining color-buttons if you open the info of recording (afaik there
only red and green in use) ?

> Klaus

Thanks anyway for your work Klaus !!

/hgm.bg