[vdr] Reelbox

Marco Göbenich mg at vierzehn.com
Sun Feb 26 09:14:46 CET 2006

The features are very interesting but I wonder :

How to Timeshift without Harddisk? (32 MB DiskOnAChip + 128 MB RAM is to
How to Record 4 Stations on 4 transponders with only 2 DVB-S or does
anybody know a card with integrated twin-tuner that additionally works
under Linux?
And last but not least, they list as feature HDTV compatibility, is
there any card supported by Linux in the moment?

Peter Juszack schrieb:
> I found an interesting website about the Reelbox 'MediaCenter'. It uses VDR.
> Since a harddisc is an 'extra' the OS and VDR must be on an intergrated
> flash storage
> or something similar.
> Some time ago there were some negative postings about that company here.
> Does
> anyone know details about that box?
> Website and appearance of the box is quite smart.
vierzehn             Bahnhofstr. 27       Telefon 0 26 32 / 98 98 - 120
public relations     56626 Andernach      Telefax 0 26 32 / 98 98 - 111
GmbH & Co. KG                             E-Mail: mg at vierzehn.com