[vdr] convert 16:9 letterboxed / anamorphous to DVD ?

Harald Milz hm at seneca.muc.de
Sun Feb 26 10:00:48 CET 2006

Hi,

I am trying to find out how to convert 16:9 broadcasts to DVD with
anamorphous encoding.

If I get the page
http://www.dvd-tipps-tricks.de/index.php?url=3Dhttp%3A//www.dvd-tipps-tricks.de/main/info-technik-analog-video.php
right, 16:9 broadcasts should be in the 16:9 letterboxed format
(in any case softdevice displays them properly in 1280x720p). Or is
it anamorphous?  In any case, how do I make an anamorphous encoded DVD
from such recordings, with the Wide Screen Signaling bits properly set?
I can't find any corresponding options for vdrsync, for example.

TIA!

--
If God is perfect, why did He create discontinuous functions?