[vdr] Analog Plugin --ANYONE using it and its working?

Mlists mlists at dressler.ca
Mon Jan 2 18:03:13 CET 2006

I have a Hauppauge WinTV along with my DVB card and I would like to get
it working with VDR.  It works find in conjunction with my DVB card in
Mythtv but I prefer VDR for it's stability.

After finding some patches on the German WIKI pages for the plugin, I
finally got it to compile.  The problem I'm having though is that when
it tries to launch mp1e I get the following errors:

11:59:29 mp1e -m 3 -j -e 1 -t 256 -g I -p /dev/dsp -c /dev/video0 -x
/dev/mixer -d 0 -a 23 -b 5000000 -B 80 -r 14,91 -s 352x288 -S 44.1 -F 8
-G 368x288 -o /tmp/.analogtv.avi &
11:59:29 Sucessfully set encoder priority to -15
11:59:29 flush_buffer()
mp1e: invalid option -- j
Real time MPEG-1 encoder 1.9.2
Copyright (C) 1999-2001 Michael H. Schimek

I downloaded the CVS version of FFMPEG because I get a similar problem
if I change the encoder to ffmpeg, except it says option -hq is invalid.

Can anyone provide me with some information where I can find the right
software that will work with VDR and this card?

Thanks
Norm