[vdr] Hauppauge MediaMVP mvp-plugin Contacting Server Problem

Peer Oliver Schmidt pos at theinternet.de
Tue Jan 3 14:28:24 CET 2006

Hi,

I am trying to get the plugin to talk to my mediamvp box.

I am using the ctvdr4, and using all the packages from their, i.e.
vdrdevel and vdrdevel-plugin-mediamvp.

The Hauppauge box boots, downloads the dongle.bin. It waits on

Contacting Server

I am seeing a packet with ethereal every 8 seconds, but no responds from
the plugin.

Using mvpserver stand-alone displays at least a menue on the mediamvp
and allows for some internet radio.

I have tried various dongle version (allways changing the version number
with in VDR [and restarting VDR afterwards]) I tried the dongle versions
people recommend on the VDR-Forum, but have no luck.

Any idea how to troubleshoot this problem further?
--
Best regards

Peer Oliver Schmidt
PGP Key ID: 0x83E1C2EA