[vdr] VDR-1.3.37: retuning -- possibly a fix for VDSB

Klaus Schmidinger Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de
Wed Jan 4 13:36:30 CET 2006


Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> Thomas Rausch wrote:
> 
>> After 6 hours I must say that my VDR did not bring yet back the error. 
>> So far otherwise always. I want to hope that it functions now. :)
>>
>> In the LOG comes however repeatedly:
>>
>> Jan  3 18:15:43 cat vdr[16675]: ERROR: frontend 0 lost lock
>> Jan  3 18:15:43 cat vdr[16675]: frontend 0 regained lock
>> Jan  3 18:16:03 cat vdr[16675]: ERROR: frontend 0 lost lock
>> Jan  3 18:16:03 cat vdr[16675]: frontend 0 regained lock
>> Jan  3 18:16:25 cat vdr[16675]: ERROR: frontend 0 lost lock
>> Jan  3 18:16:26 cat vdr[16675]: frontend 0 regained lock
>> Jan  3 18:16:45 cat vdr[16675]: ERROR: frontend 0 lost lock
>> Jan  3 18:16:45 cat vdr[16675]: frontend 0 regained lock
>> Jan  3 18:17:06 cat vdr[16675]: ERROR: frontend 0 lost lock
>> Jan  3 18:17:06 cat vdr[16675]: frontend 0 regained lock
> 
> 
> Apparently the FE_GET_EVENT ioctl() sometimes delivers a different
> status value than FE_READ_STATUS. I ran some tests, comparing both
> values and whenever VDR reported a lost lock, the current FE_READ_STATUS
> value still had the FE_HAS_LOCK set correctly.
> 
> Following an old recommendation of Holger Wächtler I finally changed
> the frontend status handling so that it polls the frontend and reads
> any pending event (but simply discards it), and then reads the actual
> status via FE_READ_STATUS.
> 
> With the attached patch (which is again a complete patch against
> dvbdevice.c of version 1.3.37) I don't get these spurious "lost lock"
> messages any more.
> 
> I've also increased the timeout for polling the event queue to 10ms,
> because 1ms seemed a little hard to me. This had no effect on the
> "lost lock" problem, however, so the change in status handling really
> is what fixed it.
> 
> Please try whether this also helps in your case.

Unfortunately this broke the CAM menu handling, so here's
a slightly different version.

Sorry about that...

Klaus
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: vdr.1.3.37-tunertimeout3.diff
Type: text/x-patch
Size: 6249 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/vdr/attachments/20060104/e8fb79d5/vdr.1.3.37-tunertimeout3.bin


More information about the vdr mailing list