[vdr] VDSB Video Data Stream Broken

Martin Schoenbeck ms.usenet.nospam at schoenbeck.de
Fri Jan 6 14:35:59 CET 2006

Hi Klaus,

Klaus Schmidinger schrieb:
> Maybe there's a problem with your multiswitch?
> When the second or third device changes the transponder, there shouldn't
> be any interference with the first device.

I don't know. But the switching did occur before this patch, too, didn't
it? I'll investigate further.

> I have attached a slightly modified version of the patch, which
> avoids error messages like
>
>   ERROR (dvbdevice.c,157): Value too large for defined data type
>
> when clearing the event queue. It also returns the current frontend status
> even if there was no event, and logs the channel number and transponder
> in case of a timeout. As far as I can see the timeouts always happen
> on transponders that are currently not broadcasting, or use very low
> symbol rates, which my full featured second device can't handle.

This additional output makes it clearer: what is channel 0? And 'Al
Jazeera' or a  program a channel 1673 indeed is nothing, I regularly
need to receive. ;-)

At least this UPT and VDSB, which annoy me since 1.3.xx, have gone.

Martin