[vdr] VDR 1.3.38 and "-u root"

hgm.bg vdr.hgm.bg at gmx.net
Mon Jan 9 22:42:25 CET 2006

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> There have been reports from people who want to run VDR as user
> 'root' and have trouble with access rights when using "-u root".

Yes, the direct access to the parallel port was denied so i had to use a
slower mechanism in the graphlcd-plugin which is controling LCD-display.

> The attached patch simply skips all the SetCaps() and SetUser() stuff
> when VDR is started as 'root' and the option "-u root" has been
> given. This should then behave just like older versions.

Thanks, this is now back to normal. I prefer to run vdr as root (this is my
home and i'm controlling the machines :) Other might like to do it another
way, so go forward.

> Klaus

Thanks !

/hgm.bg