[vdr] Beviour of menu key in 1.3.38

Klaus Schmidinger Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de
Tue Jan 10 18:29:28 CET 2006

Helmut Auer wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> An integrated solution for subtitles will come in version 1.5.x.
>>
>> For everything else I believe the current behavior is the only
>> consistent way. Anything else would again open non-consistency
>> discussions.
>>
>> Sure, if you're used to the old way, the new way may need some
>> getting used to (same here ;-). But I'm sure that's only temporary ;-)
>>

> I think it's not consistent.
> If an OSD message is shown, and I press the timer key, the timer menu is
> shown.
> The same with recordings or commands button, but when I press the Menu
> Button, the Menu is not shown.

These buttons are defined that way. The Timers key, for instance,
is a "modeless" key that opens the Timers menu, no matter what (if
anything) is currently displayed on the OSD.

> The menu button should always try to open the mainmenu, the only time
> that it clears the OSD should be when the mainmenu is already shown.
>
> But there must be some room for patches ;-)

I want to be able to press one single button to get out of whatever
is currently on the OSD - and that's the Menu key. Previously, when
I wanted to get rid of the Audio menu, I often found myself pressing
the Menu button, just to be annoyed by the fact that it then actually
openend the main menu.

Klaus