[vdr] integrated subtitles [was: Beviour of menu key in 1.3.38]

Malcolm Caldwell malcolm.caldwell at ntu.edu.au
Wed Jan 11 01:42:59 CET 2006

On Wed, 2006-01-11 at 00:10 +0100, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> Luca Olivetti wrote:
> > En/na Klaus Schmidinger ha escrit:
> >

> >>An integrated solution for subtitles will come in version 1.5.x.
> >

> > dvb, teletext or both?
> > compatible with existing recordings made with the corresponding plugins?
>
> I'll cross those bridges when I get there ;-)

Perhaps there needs to be a distinction between an 'informational' osd
and an 'interactive' osd?

Ie: subtitles, and mesg messages etc are just informational.  In fact,
the user did not ask for them to be displayed (at least not via the
remote).  In this case the menu key should open the menu.

In all other cases, the menu key can close the OSD.