[vdr] Problem with SC

Chris Miles chrismiles at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Jan 13 16:56:48 CET 2006

I cant seem to get the SC SoftCam working....

I am using SC 0.5.3,
The most recent version of VDR
and a 2.6.16 kernel.

I am using the DVB drivers contained within the kernel itself
and not downloaded ones.

On starting VDR i get the following.

vdr at blackhole:/usr/local/bin$ ./vdr -Psc -c /etc/vdr --video=/home/vdr/video/
plainkeys: registering key type V (super)
plainkeys: registering key type Z (super)
plainkeys: registering key type S (super)
plainkeys: registering key type N (super)
plainkeys: registering key type I
plainkeys: registering key type X (super)
plainkeys: registering key type C (super)
loaders: registering loader ECM
loaders: registering loader KEY
scplugin: version 0.5.4 starting
INFO: loading keys from /etc/vdr/plugins/SoftCam.Key
plainkeys: loaded 0 keys from /etc/vdr/plugins/SoftCam.Key
ERROR: no keys loaded for softcam!
softcam: ScCaps are 1 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
cam 0: got ca device from ciHandler

 /etc/vdr/plugins/SoftCam.Key exists and permissions are set properly.

thanks

Chris