[vdr] vdr-kbd eats cpu

Andre Bischof a.bischof at gmx.net
Sun Jan 15 23:58:30 CET 2006

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>> Ahrg, right at this very moment I read your reply, so moving
>> unnecessary files from /video should do it.
>

>  From VDR's INSTALL file:
>
> Note that you should not copy any non-VDR files into the /videoX
> directories,
> since this might cause the watchdog timer to expire when VDR cleans up
> those
> directories and there is a large number of files and/or subdirectories in
> there.

Shame on me :( - sometime reading _does_ help!

>> I also didn't know that -g means grab directory, I thought u and g
>> were user and group :(
>

> Well, it may have been "group" with some patch, but since I believe
> -u to set the user should be enough (why wouod you need to set an extra
> group?) and I had already implemented the -g option for the GRAB directory,
> this is how it is now.

Didn't want to make that a feature request, for me -u is enough - but I
believe to remember programs where both could be set, and as you know I
don't read enough, you know why I thought instead of knowing ;-)

Anyway, great software Klaus, keep on going!

André