[vdr] Behavior of Menu key, next round

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Mon Jan 16 23:48:01 CET 2006

En/na Udo Richter ha escrit:
> Hi list,
>
> After the release of 1.3.39, the menu key debate has cooled down again,
> and now I'll do another attempt on intuitive behavior. Comments are of
> course welcome, as this is just one possible solution of many.

I still think is that the cause of the original problem is that cOsdMenu
  (and the plugins that use it) works one way (back=go to previous menu,
menu=closes the menu) while cOsdObject works the other way (back=closes
the menu, menu=opens the main menu).
The coherent thing is that inside a menu tree (be it vdr native or
coming from a plugin) back goes to the previous level of the tree and
menu closes the menu, while everywhere else menu opens the main menu.

Bye