[vdr] [Announce] VDR-Maintenance-Patch f. 1.3.38 and .39

Joachim Wilke joachim.wilke at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 18:11:44 CET 2006

2006/1/17, Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de>:
> - "Maintenance" is not a very good name for this.
>    What does it "maintain"? It's rather a "Batch cutting" mechanism.

Yes, you're right. Some time ago, there were more functions integrated
than just noad and cutting at night. But theses were no longer needed
with newer vdr version / plugins, so I removed them. I was just to
lazy to rename the patch till now.

> - With all the setup options you're introducing, and the interconnection
>    to "noad", don't you think that this would be better done in a plugin?

I have already thought about this. For now, i do not have enough time
for this and so just adapted the already existing patch.

Thanks for your comments,
Joachim.