[vdr] Channel list views and other ideas

Klaus Schmidinger Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de
Tue Jan 17 22:33:25 CET 2006

Sami J. Mäkinen wrote:
> I have a couple of ideas that might be handy in VDR.
>
> A) left/right arrow key annoyance
>
> In my setup, update from 1.3.38 to 1.3.39 changed
> the behaviour of <- -> keys: before, they searched through
> the channel list "headings" or "section marks" (they begin with
> a colon in channels.conf). Now the left/right arrow keys
> change the output volume! Aaargh, I have separate keys for that
> in my Hauppauge remote and furthermore, volume adjustment in
> VDR does nothing since I use the digital PCM output to my amplifier.
> I bet there is a way to configure this to behave like it should. How?

Since version 1.3.39 these keys can be assigned macros to in the
keymacros.conf file. Although it is unlikely that you should have
lines like

Left  Volume-
Right Volume+

in your keymacros.conf file (since these haven't been defined until
now), maybe this what's causing this?

> B) channel list views

Never mix topics in one message ;-)

Klaus