[vdr] Stupid provider / channel name notifications

Gavin Hamill gdh at acentral.co.uk
Fri Jan 20 12:59:17 CET 2006

My cable provider seems to send very odd name updates. e.g.

Jan 20 11:55:17 localhost vdr[3085]: changing name of channel 2032 from
'TheHitsR,;The Hits Radio' to 'The Hits Radio,;The Hits Radio'
Jan 20 11:55:17 localhost vdr[3085]: changing name of channel 2032 from
'The Hits Radio,;The Hits Radio' to 'TheHitsR,;The Hits Radio'

I will get one pair of these messages for every service on that
multiplex, so every time I change to a new multiplex frequency, I'll get
a dozen or so sets of these messages in my syslog - a bit irritating.

Unfortunately, it means that I always end up seeing the short name like
'TheHitsR' in the VDR (and VDRAdmin) channel lists when I would much
rather have the 'Provider' name after the semicolon displayed as the
channel name.

Is there a one-line twiddle I can change for this? I've had a look
through the source, but I'm not a coder so it's a bit
needle-in-a-haystack :)

Cheers,
Gavin.