[vdr] BUG: short directoryname disturbs the Recordinglist - Privat

Klaus Schmidinger Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de
Fri Jan 20 16:11:51 CET 2006

christian jacobsen wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> I noticed something strange, if there are short directorynames the the
> recording list gest disturbed. I also posted this here (with a
> screenshot) :
> http://www.vdr-portal.de/board/thread.php?sid=&postid=380360#post380360
> A bit further down in the thread MarkusE thinks it has something with
> the sorting to do.
>
> It happens with a directory named "S" - see treelist below, and it must
> have something with the deepnes of the direcory-structure to do as it
> does not happen on another directory "M" that I have got. The "M"
> directory has got on level less than "S" - meaning :
> M/REC-Name/2005-11-01.20.12.20.99.rec
>
> Tested with vanilla VDR 1.3.34 - but still there in 1.3.38
>
> Here a structure that makes it happen :
>

> # tree S
> |-- CSI__Miami
> | `-- Die_Todeswelle
> | `-- 2005-11-01.20.12.20.99.rec
> | |-- 001.vdr
> | |-- 002.vdr
> | |-- 003.vdr
> | |-- index.vdr
> | |-- info.vdr
> | |-- marks.vdr
> | `-- vdr-starttime
> `-- NUMB3RS
> `-- Hinterhalt
> `-- 2005-11-07.21.07.20.99.rec
> |-- 001.vdr
> |-- index.vdr
> |-- info.vdr
> |-- marks.vdr
> `-- vdr-starttime

Am I right in assuming that there are some blanks missing here,
and that in fact this should be

  |-- CSI__Miami
  |   `-- Die_Todeswelle
  |       `-- 2005-11-01.20.12.20.99.rec
  |           |-- 001.vdr
  |           |-- 002.vdr
  |           |-- 003.vdr
  |           |-- index.vdr
  |           |-- info.vdr
  |           |-- marks.vdr
  |           `-- vdr-starttime
  `-- NUMB3RS
      `-- Hinterhalt
          `-- 2005-11-07.21.07.20.99.rec
              |-- 001.vdr
              |-- index.vdr
              |-- info.vdr
              |-- marks.vdr
              `-- vdr-starttime

I have created such a directory structure here on my VDR, but I don't
get the error you are seeing.

Maybe it also depends on the exact combination of all the rest
of the directory entries. Please do a

   find /video -type d

and send me the result. Maybe I can reproduce it then.

Klaus