[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] vdr-filebrowser-0.0.3

Holger Brunn holger.brunn at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sun Jan 22 16:47:38 CET 2006

Hello list,
I'm glad to announce a new version of the filebrowser plugin, you can get it
from
http://www.stud.uni-karlsruhe.de/~uqg8/vdr/filebrowser/vdr-filebrowser-0.0.3.tgz

There have been some important fixes/enhancements, so I recommend to everyone
who has an older version to update:

- Fixed running threads not being killed properly when vdr shuts down
- Added number keys for menuothercommands
- Possibility to pause/resume commands
- Show full path in title, add possibility to turn this off (suggested by
Ronny Kornexl)
- Changed sort order to have [..] as first entry in all cases (thanks to Ronny
Kornexl)
- Use IFS[0] instead of hardcoded blank for separating commandline arguments
- Added a flag (r) to have threads removed automaticially (if they ended
without error)
- File view is updated when a thread finishes
- Fixed some idiocy concerning my use of fork/exec - fixes threads not showing
up as finished and some other weird ones
- No need to patch vdr sources any more (vdr >= 1.3.38)

For people not knowing what's this all about, a readme file is provided on
http://www.stud.uni-karlsruhe.de/~uqg8/vdr/filebrowser

Your comments, bug reports and patches would be appreciated,
regards
Holger