[vdr] 1.3.39, "Menu button closes" true: No menu from replay

Udo Richter udo_richter at gmx.de
Mon Jan 23 14:26:54 CET 2006

Luca Olivetti wrote:
> To recap, with my patch the menu button closes the menu if it's open,
> otherwise opens the main menu. If there's a recording control visible
> it's closed and the main menu opens.

Ah, now I see it. These menu key handlings are horribly subtle.
Basically, control osds behave the old way, plugin osds behave the new
way. Oh, and ontrol()->Hide() is called without the cOsd::IsOpen() test.

> The only drawback is that the
> channel info is open it's just closed without opening the main menu, but
> as I said previously this is a bigger problem (that also involves the
> back key).

You can get that with my other patch. To add subtitles support, just add
menuKeyAction = menuKeyAlwaysOpens to the subtitles control. (I assume
that subtitles are a cControl based osd, right?)

Cheers,

Udo