[vdr] Vdradmin

Matthias Schniedermeyer ms at citd.de
Mon Jan 23 21:10:48 CET 2006

Rene Hertell wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to find some replacement for vdradmin that would be a bit
> more reliable than the am-versions, and newer than the original vdradmin
> 1.96. The 1.96 has so far been working best with the auto timers if
> compared with the am-versions of vdradmin. The biggest problem with the
> am-versions of vdradmin was that I got recordings that claimed to be
> e.g. Alias, but what was recorded was completely something else. Other
> problems with auto timers was that I got a bunch of identical timers,
> and if I did not clean up my timers on regular basis, I got the many
> programs recorded multiple times.
> If someone has any suggestions for a vdradmin-replacement, then they are
> welcome :-)

If you 'only' need something for automatic recording and can live
without a web-frontend then you may try Master-Timer.

As long as the EPG-Data is good you can use the 'done' functionality to
remove Timers for reruns after the recording was successful.

Master-Timer reaches it's 5th birthday (and VDR it's 6th) in about a
month and i can say that at least for myself it has always been

Bis denn