[vdr] vdr-1.3.37+ doesn't start with new runvdr

Udo Richter udo_richter at gmx.de
Tue Jan 24 00:39:21 CET 2006

Christoph Hermanns wrote:
> vdr doesn't start with this runvdr. Plugins without single quotation ''
> e.g. -P osdteletext work here.
> Changing the start command in the while-loop from $VDRCMD into the old
> su $VDRUSR -c "$VDRCMD"
> and all plugins work as before including the command line options in
> single quota.

This is a shell quoting problem. I'm currently not aware of any way to
let bash do another round of 'quote' parameter grouping inside $VDRCMD,
variants like \"...\" and \'...\' also don't work.

The easiest way to fix this (if you don't want to use su root -c
"$VDRCMD") is to use eval instead:

while (true) do
       eval "$VDRCMD"

Cheers,