[vdr] Ping Darren Salt: Suspend patch in Debian

Tony Houghton h at realh.co.uk
Tue Jan 24 15:30:39 CET 2006

Even if the original authors won't accept the usefulness of the suspend
feature, please could you consider adding Marko Makela's suspend patch
to your Debian package. I found it applied OK manually to 1.3.39-1
despite some offsets.

The suspend patch is useful to the point of being essential for us
softdevice users. For use as a recording daemon and because it's
difficult to start and stop VDR on demand on a headless box, I tend to
have it running all the time, and without suspending it uses about 60%
of my CPU cycles.

--
TH * http://www.realh.co.uk