[vdr] dxr3 plugin and Debian sid vdr package

Tony Houghton h at realh.co.uk
Tue Jan 24 18:59:08 CET 2006

In <43D65ED5.80109 at the-moon.net>, Richard Wall wrote:

> I just noticed that there is now an uptodate vdr package in Debian sid,
> but is there an easy "Debian" way of compiling plugins for it. I
> specifically need the dxr3 plugin, but it doesn't seem to be available
> as a package.
>
> I found the command debianize-vdrplugin, but am not quite sure how to
> procede after running it. Can anyone give any hints on which files need
> editing in the ./debian folder?

I didn't realise there was a debianize-vdrplugin command. What I did was
set up a skeleton /usr/src/vdr/ with /usr/src/vdr/config.h symlinked to
/usr/include/vdr/config.h and /usr/src/vdr/PLUGINS/lib symlinked to
/usr/lib/vdr/plugins/. If you unpack the plugins as normal in
/usr/src/vdr/PLUGINS/src and build them with `make all', most of them
seem to work OK then. I had to alter softdevice's Makefile though to use
fixed paths for libdir, otherwise it seemed to rely on the CWD at
runtime. I haven't used the dxr3 plugin for a long time, but I did use
it successfully this way in the past.

--
TH * http://www.realh.co.uk