[vdr] Confirm messages

Peter Juszack vdr at unterbrecher.de
Fri Jan 27 15:27:21 CET 2006

Laurence Abbott wrote:

>Ditto: that would be really annoying but then I generally use a 'proper'
>Stop button rather than the blue button to stop playback. I'd have
>thought stopping playback by accident is only a minor annoyance,
>compared with shutting down by accident, for example, which does have a
>confirmation message.

At present time there are three ways to end playback: Stop, Back and Blue.
I agree in pressing Stop means Stop and requires no confirmation. ( The stop
button will almost not be pressed accidently).
The other ways are for people who don not have a stop button on their remote
control or don't have a remote control? I think they exist for
historical reasons.

As long as not at least the Back key is disabled to stop playback it can
be very
annoying.

An accidently stopped playback of a recording can be continued via Red key.
But an interrupted mp3 from a playlist means more 'work' to continue at
the lost
position.
Of course that can be seen as a mp3 plugin problem. But the plugin
developer gives the
same meaning to keys as VDR does. This is required to achieve a
consistent handling
and I totally agree to.

So maybe at least the Back key could be disabled?

What do you mean with 'minor annoyance'? That it is annoying but should
be tolerated?

Regards Peter