[vdr] softdevice A/V sync

Harald Milz hm at seneca.muc.de
Fri Jan 27 17:27:07 CET 2006

Tony Houghton <h at realh.co.uk> wrote:
> I had a similar problem with MPlayer (except the periods of jerking)
> until someone told me to try -ao oss because it's buggy with alsa. Is
> softdevice's audio code based on MPlayer's, perhaps?

My softdevice VDR runs very stably (Asus A7V8X, Athlon XP-M 2400+, SUSE
Linux 9.3, Matrox G550 DVI out (!), 1280x720 resolution). Maybe your
CPU is too slow or the machine starts swapping. You don't say anything
about your installation so I can only speculate. Me at your place I'd
join the softdevice mailing list.

--
You will be surprised by a loud noise.