[vdr] Unknown message from CAM

Klaus Schmidinger Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de
Fri Jan 27 18:01:40 CET 2006

Wolfgang Goeller wrote:
> Hello
>
> I upgraded tonight from vdr-1.3.37 to vdr-1.3.40
> Now I found in the log-file:
>
> CAM: different stream flag in CA descriptors
>
> I never saw this before. Can someone please explain,
> what this messages means.

See pat.c, cCaDescriptors::GetCaDescriptors() and ci.c, cCiCaPmt::cCiCaPmt()
and cCiCaPmt::AddPid().

CA descriptors are given either on the "programme level" or at
the "elementary stream level". Depending on where is the data stream
VDR finds them, the StreamFlag is set accordings.

Apparently there is a stream that has CA descriptors in both places.
Maybe somebody else knows how to handle this. The implementation I
made back then just tried to mimic that which the original firmware
of the FF DVB cards did.

Klaus